Friday, July 16, 2010

Greetings from the hospital

It's currently 4:18 in the morning. I, of course, cannot sleep at this point because my back is killing me. These hospital beds are crap! This week has been quite the week. Tuesday I went in for the glucose test of course. Wednesday I went to the doctor and my blood pressure was still too high. They gave me a nonstress test there and everything seemed to be going well. They decided to send me to the hospital to get a shot of steroids to help mature the babies' lungs in preparation for early delivery. Here we are thinking all we have to do is go get a shot and we can go home. Well, 3 hours and a short admission later, we left with a shot of steroids in one hip and a shot of morphine in the other. Apparently I was having contractions every 2-3 minutes and didn't even know it. I was 1+ dilated and 60% effaced. Yikes! I had no idea this was going on. Thank goodness they ended up sending me home, on strict bedrest. I ended up having pretty bad contractions all afternoon. Thankfully getting in the bathtub slowed them down quite a bit.

Thursday morning I woke up feeling great. That lasted about 15 minutes. The contractions started right back up. They never hurt, they were just really annoying. I called the hospital and they told me to come right in. They checked me again and I was 2 cm and 80% effaced. The doctors immediately admitted me. So here I sit. I have been in this uncomfortable bed now for 20 hours just hoping we can get these contractions under control. They have been loading me full of drugs to stop them and it finally seems to be helping. I'm hoping that today they will send me home so I can sleep in my own bed with good cable and not the crappy hospital cable.

Ryan has been the best. He has been by my side all night long. Poor guy. See, just another reason he is so easy to love. I'll hopefully update more later. I guess I need to try and get some sleep.

6 comments:

cowbell kelly said...

Oh babe!!! Your poor little body. After I had the baby i had a really hard time sleeping in the bed that first night. The second I did better cause I slept on a slight incline and elevated my knee's a bit.

McGiven Family.... said...

I know how you feel all too well. I hope they can get your contractions under control so you can go home soon! It is miserable being in there. Keep us posted. I think about you all the time.

Diana said...

And people think being in the hospital is restful....


SO NOT TRUE. I feel your pain. Pack your bags and give your doctor the "I'm done being here.." speech. It worked for me (after 3 days) with both Alexandra and Samantha. :)

Good luck lil grasshopper. You're doing great.

The Ingleby Family said...

OH Ash!!! I love you guys! I am glad you updated! I have been waiting! You take care of yourself and your little mini humans! I want them to bake a little longer, although I can't wait to see them! LMK if there is anything I can do. Even if it is to give Ryan a break and sit by you in the hospital!!! LOVES!!!
Andi

Harmony said...

Oh goodness. You've been through so much already. I sure hope they continue to keep those contractions under control so your babies can grow healthy & strong. Ah! You're such a trooper. I'm glad you have Ryan by your side. You poor lady! Sheesh! I pray for you. I always do.

Unknown said...

Good luck! Let's pray those babies stay in a while longer. Please keep us updated. Here is to you going home soon! Love!