Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Am I in hell?

Currently I am sitting in the waiting room at the hospital. I am completely sick to my stomach. I'm here doing my 3-hour glucose test, which I'm pretty sure is going to kill me. At least this time the drink was lemon-lime flavor instead of orange, but still disgusting no less. I've already made 2 trips to the bathroom thinking that I was going to throw it all up, but thankfully it has stayed down. I would hate to have to redo this test yet again.

I showed up at the hospital this morning around 7:40. There was only 1 person checking people in and I was about 3rd in line, so of course just to check in took about half an hour. Lame. Then, there were people ahead of me for the lab. Again, totally lame. I'm STARVING here people! Come on! (see what hunger does to me? It turns me into a grouch). Finally I get to the lab around 8:15 or so. They tell me I can't drink the stupid drink until my urine comes back normal. So I wait, and wait and wait. Finally at 9:00 they bring me the drink. Then I had to drink it and every hour for 3 hours I get to have my blood drawn. I also had to have my fasting blood drawn as well. If you are keeping count, that is 4 blood draws in 1 day. All I can say is at least they don't use the sticky tape on my arms. I'm so ready to go home and I still have to have my blood drawn 2 more times. My bed is calling my name. I just need to lie down for a while and rest. I feel like I'm swimming in my sugar coma.

Needless to say, I haven't eaten anything since about 7:00ish last night and I can't eat until after noon today. My babies are ticked off. They already had their little sugar rush with the drink, now if I can just feed them some protein we will be better.

5 comments:

Tim & Nancy said...

Good Luck! I feel for ya. Get those babies a huge burger after you are done or a huge sno cone. I personally think preggers should have priority when it comes to checking in and stuff.

cowbell kelly said...

I feel your pain my dear. I wanted to throw that stuff up so bad. It was only by shear will power that I kept that stuff down.

Harmony said...

awwww, poor you. That sounds HORRIBLE. Now that I'm writing this and it's 2:00 I'm hoping you're in bed with a big bunch of meat in your tummy, and that all 3 of you are happy :)

Unknown said...

I am so sorry. That sounds terrible. I hope the test results are good!

Ashley said...

here's hoping for some good news on your results ash.