Saturday, April 21, 2012

Friends and Disneyland


I was so excited when my friend, Leslie, called me a couple of weeks ago saying she was thinking about coming out to California for a visit before Tiny Todd's arrival. Since I was at my emotional meltdown point, I was more than pleased with this thought. Thankfully all the pieces fell into place and Leslie, Taya, and Baby Drew made the long, 90-minute flight to California. The time they were here went by way too fast, probably because we had way too much fun. We went to Disneyland, saw Tinkerbell, Cinderella, Alice, Mary Poppins, and went on fun rides... oh, and ate delicious corn dogs. Then we went to California Adventure and saw World of Color which was awesome! Scarlet wouldn't stop dancing to the music and kept clapping. She was so hyped up from it, she didn't fall asleep until 10:30, about 3 hours after bed time. We also enjoyed going to the Bass Pro Shop and looking at all the animals, eating In-N-Out, Krispie Kreme, and cotton candy. The day Leslie left, we went to the Aquarium of the Pacific. I forgot my camera when we went there. Scarlet loved, loved, loved the sharks. She could have watched them all day if we let her. She now walks around saying, "kark." It's pretty cute. It was an awesome week with friends here and we will for sure miss them! One other good thing about this week? I now know at 32 weeks pregnant that I can roam around Disneyland for 2 days and not go into labor! I can't believe our little guy will be here so soon though. I'm slightly terrified. (and yes, I noticed I have no pictures on here of Leslie or her kids to prove they were really here. Let's just say that I am horrible at taking pictures.)

2 comments:

Nibarger said...

How fun that they were able to come visit, and how brave of you guys to do world of Color with three kiddos! I'm glad you were able to have some friend support!

cowbell kelly said...

Wow. If you want proof that I'm pregnant the part that really stuck out for me was the corn dogs.......yummy:)