Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Most Blessed Day

Today was amazing! I cannot even find the words to express the feelings that were felt today at Kingston's funeral. It was beyond beautiful. Everything was perfect. Ryan's mom read a letter I had written to Kingston, then Ryan spoke. After that, we had our good friend, Scott, sing a song (which was absolutely amazing). My dad then spoke. He read a letter he claimed from was heaven from Kinston to me and Ryan. It was very cute and just what I needed to hear. He then dedicated the grave. The peace that was there was so amazing. I only hope the people there felt the spirit just as much as I did or at least a little inkling of what I felt. I came home full of joy and happiness. That is how a funeral should be. Thank you to all who participated in the service. Thank you Jesse and Garret for carrying our precious baby. We could not have picked better hands for him to be in. Thank you to all who came! You all have been amazing supporters throughout our jouney and we are so grateful for all of you! Thank you for making our day even more beautiful.

9 comments:

Molly said...

The services were beautiful and very spiritual. I'm very glad I was able to attend. The talks that were given were very moving! Jeb said to let you know he sends his love and sorry he missed the services. You are in our prayers and we can't wait to meet Scarlet!

The Serre's said...

Thank you for letting us share in such a special service. We definately felt the spirit and know that Kingston is in good hands on the other side. I still kind of wish those crazy hands of Linda's were here to hold my babies :) Thank goodness for our knowledge of eternal families!

Amanda X said...

Dari told me what a wonderful service it was today. It makes me so happy that the spirit was so strong there for you. You are an amazing woman! Your family is in my prayers and I truly look up to you Ash. And look at that picture of you! You look wonderful for just delivering twins a week ago :)

Me said...

Agreed, you look amazing and I love the blocks with his name spelled out. What a beautiful little spirit Heavenly Father has sent to you that you will always be able to hold in your heart until the great reunion in heaven. My prayers are with you and consider this a hug and loves sent from a stranger:)

Heidi and Michael said...

Wow. Sounds like it was an amazing tribute to little Kingston. Just what he deserves! You and Ryan are so strong Ash. I admire you both for it. Keep feeling well k. Love ya!

Chris and Christina said...

that is a beautiful post about the funeral. You are a true inspiration and example.

Troy and Mandy said...

It sounds like it was a beautiful service. I'm sure the spirit was so strong there :) You guys are such a strong couple!!

Unknown said...

I am so glad that I could be there for sweet Kingston's service. What a blessing his short life was to all that knew of him. I really do look up to you and Ry so much. You are an inspiration!

Seth Ollerton said...

Ryan and Ashley,
This sounds like the perfect day for a perfect little person. I feel bad that I was unable to attend do to work circumstances. Abbie said everything was beautiful and perfect. Wish you the best and Scarlet looks cute! Love, Seth