Friday, August 13, 2010

Happy Friday the 13th!


Today was a monumental day for us. Ryan and I went to the NICU this morning to visit little Scarlet and it was our lucky day! First, they let me change her diaper (something Ryan got to do last night without me). I was nervous, but so excited at the same time! She is so tiny and precious! Also, they let us hold her for the first time. There is nothing quite like holding your child for the first time, especially when you have waited so long for that moment. I couldn't have been happier. She is such a calm and relaxed baby. She didn't make a peep almost the entire time we were there. She only cried for just a second when we unwrapped her to get a mold made of her foot. Tonight when I went to see her, I took Dari with me. I was so happy to have shared my precious daughter with such a great friend. They had to put Scarlet on the bililight this afternoon so Dari unfortunately did not get to see just how cute her little face is.
On another note, I hopefully will be leaving the hospital tomorrow. It has been a nice stay here with the room service and all, but I think I'm ready for my own bed, not to mention I have a funeral that still needs the final touches put in place. We are so grateful for all of you out there who have been praying for us and holding us up through this tough time. Thank you so much!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

It was so great to see you and catch up last night. You are doing so great! It was such a pleasure to meet beautiful baby Scarlet. She really is so perfect and precious. I still can't get over her tiny hiccups. I can't wait to be able to snuggle and kiss her little face when she is bigger! Thank you for sharing her with me :) Those photos are great, you can see her cute face and I am so glad you guys got to hold your little princess.

Nibarger said...

Oh my she is such a cute little precious girl!!! We love her already and we can't wait to meet her and give her big hugs and kisses! Such a sweet little girl!!!

Carrie said...

I'm overcome with emotions as I look at the pictures of you & Ryan holding your precious little girl. The video of Kingston was so touching. I feel like I've watched your journey to parenthood from the sidelines. Just want to tell you I admire the way you've handled your trials through this...and what wonderful parents you've become!

Craig and Monica said...

I'm so happy you got to hold your baby, Scarlet! She is so beautful. I'm also glad you got such a sweet moment with Kingston. How lucky you are to be the mother of these two tiny spirits! I wish you the best! Thanks for sharing your experience with everyone. You're truly an inspiration to me.

Jeanna said...

Congratulations, I love her name!

Enjoy your own bed and take it easy girl!

Katie Smith - I Want to be a Super Teacher said...

What sweet little Hones!!! Thanks for the video and the pictures. We can't wait for more. We'll be thinking of you and can't wait to see you in December.

Seth Ollerton said...

That's awesome you guys! We're so sad for your loss yet so happy for Scarlet and your little family.

Diana said...

I went on a little vacation to Glacier National Park and came back to all this! Wow, what an eventful little time for your sweet family. I'm so happy for your little daughter and sad for the loss of your little son. He is so precious. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Diana and Tyson Waite