Saturday, May 22, 2010

Perinatology Visit

Yesterday we had a follow-up visit with our perinatologist, Dr. S. He's amazing. Ryan had to work so I went alone, which was scary, but Ryan had agreed to meet us on his lunch break to discuss the results of all of the genetic testing. I started off with an ultrasound and got to see my two most precious creations. They were beautiful. Baby boy was litterally curled into a ball. I knew he had been doing some crazy things this last week. He wakes me up every night. I believe it's his way of telling me he's still there. He's even been jumping on my bladder. Hello! Now I know how you can pee your pants and not even mean to because I have almost done it now on about 3 occasions.

After the ultrasound, which was very brief, we met with the genetic counselor and Dr. S. (this is where Ryan joined us). We got to discuss just how amazing our support system is with the counselor and what the future holds for us. It was much easier to talk about this time around. We are being provided with a hospice service to help us get through these next few months. I'm beyond grateful for the help of Miss K (the genetic counselor) and Dr. S. These two people are amazing. They let me smile yesterday. I left our appointment feeling amazing. I know we are in good hands and so are our little miracles. The road ahead of us will be scary and rough, but we are not alone. I'm grateful for that too.

The amount of support Ryan and I have received over this last week has been more than we could have asked for. We are so grateful for our family, friends, and strangers out there who let us know they are there for us. Thank you!

My night ended with a phone call from my OB. He's a good guy too. I couldn't believe he took the time out of his very busy schedule to call me and let me know he was thinking about us. It means a lot to me to have a doctor who cares so much for his patients. I am honestly completely overwhelmed with feelings of gratitude right now.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I know who that good Doctor is too. He is simply the BEST (if it is who we have talked about when I ran in to you at Pirate island a month or 2 ago wink wink), isn't he just the GREATEST? That is SO neat that he would take the time to call you and check up on you. He did the same for me when I was going through HELL with my daughter. Ash, you seem SO STRONG right now with how you typed that. You are truly AMAZING. You are NOT alone...you are sure right on that one. I pray ALL the time for you guys. PLEASE let me know if you need anything ever still. I will be happy to help in any way. I like reading ur updated posts. Love ya!

Chris and Christina said...

Family, friends, and even strangers are so supportive because w know just how amazing you 2 are and want nothing but the best for you and your future family. You are an example to all of us, so thank you!

Craig and Monica said...

I'm so sorry about all that is happening. I wish you the best! You're in our prayers.

Robins Fam said...

Ash, I'm so sad to hear this news for you guys, but it sounds like you are in good hands. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Katie said...

Ashley, I'm so sorry for what you and Ryan are going through. I've been thinking about you a lot lately. Please let me know if I can help you at all. Even if you want someone to talk to. I'm excited to see you at Bunco. I still would love to come see your apartment sometime. Talk to you later.

Tennille said...

My heart sank when I read your post. Words can't express how sorry I am. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

Ryan McGiven said...

Ash, I have been thinking about you a lot lately. Today I asked my dad if he had met Ryan at the hospital and he said yes. He said that Ryan had introduced himself and talked to him about having twins since he knew my dad had twin grandkids. He said Ryan was so nice and so excited to be expecting twins. I told him what was going on and he wanted me to let you know he knows someone who went through a similar situation and if you were interested in talking to them to let him know. I know you have a lot of support and am not sure what you are comfortable with, but I am just putting it out there. You are so strong and amazing! Hang in there and know we are thinking of you and praying for you!

Cher said...

I'm so sorry Ash. I can't imagine what you have been going through. You're in our thoughts and prayers.