Monday, May 10, 2010

Mini Humans A and B

(Blogger turned my picture again. I can't get it to go the right way.)

We wanted to surprise our families and friends with the genders of the twins, especially since we didn't get to do a fun surprise to tell everybody we were pregnant. I did so well lying to everybody (sorry if you got lied to). It was really hard to lie to people and tell them we weren't having our ultrasound until this week. I purposefully scheduled the ultrasound before mother's day so we could give our mom's an extra special gift this year. Mother's day also happened to land on my dad's birthday too so we gave him an extra special birthday gift as well.

Saturday we went to Carolyn's house and told her that her mother's day gift was in the trunk and she had to go open the trunk to get it. I had tied balloons to her actual gift in hopes that when she opened the trunk they would fly out. They didn't. They just sat there and she didn't even see them at first. She got exicted for her umbrella and I said to Ry, "she didn't even get it!" Then she looked a little closer and saw the pink balloon and read, "It's a girl!" IT'S A GIRL!!! Then she pulled out the blue balloon and realized we're having a GIRL and a BOY! That's right everybody, most of you who voted got it right! A BOY and a GIRL!! We're thrilled.

Sunday morning I woke up and started my baking endeavors. We opted to do a sugary sweet treat for my family. I baked up some cupcakes and then filled one with pink frosting and one with blue frosting. Then I frosted them all with purple and green. My mom actually dropped by my house while I was frosting the cupcakes and insisted on eating one right then because she was so hungry. Thank goodness none of the writing was on them yet and the pink and blue evidence had been destroyed. I told her she couldn't have one, they were for bunco. I felt really bad lying to her. After she left I wrote, "Baby A?", "Baby B?" and headed down to Elk Ridge to make the announcement. My family was very excited when they realized what they were. Cupcake fest soon commenced. It was like watching a cake eating contest. I just sat back and watched as the entire family dug in and gobbled up the cupcakes. My mom started off strong with her first cupcake being the one filled with blue. She bit into it, looked at me, and said, "does this mean a boy?" Then she started crying. Tina was very dilligent in her efforts taking huge bites and then setting down the cupcakes in frustration when there was no surprise in the center. When it came to the VERY LAST cupcake, my dad finally found the pink center.

And there you have it. Pink and blue! And if you were wondering, it's baby boy who has the bladder problem. We will for sure keep you all updated when we find out more. Again, please keep him in your prayers. We are concerned for our little guy, but he seems to be thriving and as happy as ever, kicking the crap out of his sister and of course my bladder. Cute little guy.

14 comments:

Diana said...

What a cute idea! Congrats on getting the best of both worlds... a mini Ash AND a mini Ryan!

Stephanie said...

Yeah we are so excited for you to have one of each! Makoy is so happy to have a little girl cousin!! Baby A is in our prayers and so are you!

The Ingleby Family said...

That is SOOO SUPER awesome!!!! I am so glad that it was your parents that were the ones to bite in and eat them! What a perfect Mother's Day and Birthday for your dad!!!! I will be praying for your little guy! We are SO excited for you guys! I have a BUNCH of girl clothes if you will use them!!!
LOVE YA!! Congrats' again!!!!!

Molly said...

Congratulations!!! That's fun that you get a boy and a girl!!! See ya tonight at bunco!

cowbell kelly said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!! Thats so fun!!

St. Provo Girl said...

Sooooo excited for you guys! What better plan could you ask for- one of each is perfect. Can't wait to meet the little sweeties :)

Tiffany said...

So excited for you! A Boy and a Girl!!
We will be praying your them and hope all goes well.

Brooke said...

Congratulaions Ash! This is so exciting! Now you can start buying cute baby clothes!

Unknown said...

Yay!!! I knew it!! What a fun way to tell your parents. I bet they were in heaven. I am so excited for you guys. I hope all is ok with baby boys bladder. Now you can really start picking names!!

Tami said...

Yay! I have been wondering for so long and am so excited to finally know! What fun!

Seth Ollerton said...

That's awesome you guys! A boy and a girl? What more of a perfect situation could you ask for. Congrats and hopefully we'll get to see you soon.

Nibarger said...

We are so excited for you guys! We will definately keep the little guy in our prayers, and his sister!

Cheyenne said...

Hooray for a boy and a girl! How fun! You guys are always in our prayers :)

Beth said...

One of each! Way to go!