Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 6: My parents

My parents are slightly crazy, but I still love them. As their offspring, I'm slightly crazy as well. Thankfully it makes for some really good times.

My father, Dennis, grew up in Provo. He comes from a family with 1 brother and 2 sisters; Randy, Vicky, and Tammie. He is an amazingly talented artist. His house, that he built himself, is filled with his artwork. Not only is he a talented artist, but he is good at just about everything he does. He's a man of all trades. He was the mayor of Elk Ridge for 4 years. He loves to ride his Harley and dress up like a mountain man and go to rendezvous all over the place. When I was a kid, he took me to one on my birthday. I went with my brand new cabbage patch. He bought me a popsicle that had been kept cold with dry ice or something. I put it in my mouth and it got stuck to my lips. I hate when that happens. Anyway, growing up, he always dressed me in mocaisins and turquoise. He taught me how to garden and be an honest person.

My mother, Susan, is from Springville. She's the youngest of her siblings by at least 7 years. I kind of wonder if she was a surprise? Probably not, but who knows. She has 4 siblings. A half-brother named Earl. Then there's David, Paul and Linda. Sadly, Linda was killed in a motorcycle accident just 3 months before I got married. It was horrible. We still miss her.

My mother is a wonderful lady. She has taught me how to be respectful and loving. She taught me how to be a good wife and mother. Fun fact: Her mother was 45 when she had my mom. Her grandfather was 65ish when he had my mom's mother. Is that confusing? Let's just say there's about 100 years between my mom and her grandfather. Yikes, right?

There you have it. My parents in a very tiny nutshell.

2 comments:

The Painters said...

I love your parents, they certainly are amazing people! I have so many great memories spending time with your family!! It makes me sad that my office moved because I never get to see your mom anymore!

Carrie said...

It's nice to get to know your parents! Your family always seems to have so much fun when you get together and great (crazy!) traditions.