Thursday, August 11, 2011

Dear Scarlet -- 1 year









Dear Scarlet,

Today, you are a year old! My little 3 pound 12 ounce baby girl has grown into a whopping 15 pound 4 ounce little toddler. I remember the day you were born very well. In some ways it seems like it was just yesterday. It was such a rush. You came sooner than we wanted, but thankfully you were a fighter. You were born just two minutes after your brother, and you were much bigger than he was. You were the most beautiful baby in the entire world. You made me so happy. You still do.

I didn’t get to see you the day you were born for a really long time. I kept Kingston with me for quite a few hours because I knew that was all the earthly time I would have with him. I knew you were well taken care of by all the loving nurses and doctors in the NICU. Once Kingston left, I got to go see you. My heart melted. You were mine forever.

There was not a day that went by that you did not smile. You have always been the happiest baby! You have definitely brought so much joy into our home.

As a one year old, you love to eat. I don’t think you have a particular favorite food, you just like everything. We call you the garbage disposal because you just eat and eat. You’d think with all you eat that you would be a little bigger, but you’re not. You’re still very petite.

You are still in size 2 diapers and wear 6 month clothes. Some of your clothes are still 3-6 months. Like I said, you’re still very tiny. Your weight doesn’t even register on the charts yet. You are in the 0th percentile and always have been!

You are extremely active. You scoot-crawl everywhere and stand up next to anything you can. You will then traverse all along the furniture or walls and explore your world.

You and Bella are getting along great. You're sleeping well and learning to speak.

My mind is still in shock that you are a year old. How did that time pass so quickly? You are the most amazing child I have ever laid eyes on. I can hardly wait for all of our adventures in the future.

Love you forever and ever,

Mom

No comments: