Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday Funday


I'm going to start up a new feature called Friday Funday. Basically Friday is the only day I get to see Ryan, so we usually go on a date Friday nights. Of course Scarlet is with us, so we end up going out around 4:00. Yep, we're that awesome.

Tonight's Funday featured Farrell's Ice Cream Shoppe in Rancho. This place opened in Rancho not too long ago and there are always HUGE lines to get in. We figured it must be a good place to try out. We've tried to go 3 times.... not once were we successful. Tonight, our fourth try, we decided to stick out the wait of 30 minutes (not bad compared to most nights), and try this place out to see what all the fuss was about.

The prices are a bit much for what you get. The food is mediocre at best. I really just wanted to go so I could try their fries and an ice cream sundae with caramel. I got garlic fries (a regret for the rest of the night since garlic lingers for ages). The fries tasted pretty good; however, be warned, if you don't like spicy foods, you won't like the garlic fries. If you get a blob of fresh garlic, it is spicy! Anyway, a few hours later, I am still tasting garlic. Yippee. Ryan and I got a caramel sundae to share. Since we bought food, the price for our ice cream was do-able. Scarlet was in sugar heaven! The caramel was good, but not Leatherby's good (Utah favorite).

Overall, the food was fair, ice cream was decent, but I don't think I'll go back in a hurry or anytime soon. Oh, and I must mention that it is LOUD in there. They are constantly banging drums, singing songs, telling jokes, etc. It's definitely a place to take your kids. Scarlet loved it.

On our way out, we spotted a limo filled with probably 10 girls between the ages of 8 and 10. They were celebrating a birthday. Really? A limo? For an 8-10 year old birthday party? Let's just say my daughter won't have a limo taking her to an ice cream shoppe for her birthday. Sorry Scarlet.

1 comment:

cowbell kelly said...

Ruth goes on a lot of our dates to. I don't mind it if she's in a good mood though.