Friday, September 23, 2011

Our week in a nutshell




This week has been insane! It all started Saturday night with Bella throwing up. I didn't think anything of it because sometimes she does that. It's a chihuahua thing. Anyway, she kept at it, and then started having diarrhea. I decided that since it hadn't stopped on Monday I would take her to the vet. They gave her a shot and some antibiotics and sent me home. Things looked hopeful for a moment. Then she started having bloody diarrhea. I know, too much info. It was so scary! By Tuesday, she was throwing up everything, all the water and Pedialyte we would give her, she wouldn't eat anything, and was so, so weak. We decided to take her to the pet ER that night and get her rehydrated since we thought it couldn't wait until morning. I am SO glad we did. We seriously thought she was on her death bed. It was mortifying. Lots of tears and prayers later, we are happy to say that Bella is now on the mend.

By Thursday, I had had it with cleaning up throw up and diarrhea, so I decided it was time for me to take Scarlet to Disneyland. We had a blast! We went with our friend, Amy, and her 3 kids, Carson, Beckham, and Chloe. As soon as we walked through the gates, I got stung by a bee, right on my finger. I kind of freaked out a tiny bit and made Amy pull the stinger out since I didn't think I could touch it myself. It grossed me out. After that ordeal was over, I was just sad that the bee was now dead. Poor little guy. I promise I didn't even try to hurt him. He was just under my hand at the wrong time I guess. I made myself feel better with a big giant Coke (Disneyland Coke is the best, even better than McDonald's).

Ryan had his first test today for school. He studied so hard for it. He has spent countless hours studying anotomy and innervations. He feels like he did well and I'm sure he did. I think he's fabulous at everything he does! He makes me so proud to be his wife.

... and that's our week... in a nutshell.

*As you can see from the photos, Scarlet loved goofy (she was laughing at him), and hated Minnie. She was totally freaked out by Minnie. So sad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh!!! My little Scarlie has a pony. She is getting so big. I miss you guys tons and tons. Looks like you had a good time at Disney. Sometime soon we will come and visit and you all can join my little crew and their first time at the happiest place on earth. Also, way to go nuncle Brian!!

Tina

Sang said...

Holy cow, Scarlet looks like a real little girl instead of a baby in the second picture! So cute! I miss you guys!