Monday, September 5, 2011

Kingston's Party










On Kingston's birthday (also known as Scarlet's birthday), we decided to spend some time at the cemetery. I made sure we were there by 9:02 a.m. so I could be there the exact time little King was born. I made sure to bring a cupcake for him, a candle, and my bestie and her daughter bought Kingston a balloon, so I made sure that got to him as well. I had so many other plans, but I just ran out of time. Kingston's birthday was definitely a hard day for me. It's so bittersweet. It was fun to light Kingston's candle and wait for him to blow it out. I got mad at him because he did it when I wasn't looking.


I'm sure if people were at the cemetery that day they probably wondered what I was doing. I laid down next to my baby and imagined him in my arms once more. For the first time in a long time, I wept. I miss my sweet baby so much. Words just can't describe how much my arms ache to hold him again. Thankfully, I know that one day I will. Happy 1st birthday Kingston! I love you to the moon and back!

2 comments:

cowbell kelly said...

I think Scarlet will treasure pictures like this. And her poky dot green jammys make me smile!

Cyndi said...

Happy Birthday Kingston! You are such a wonderful mom to honor him so much. I know he knows just how loved he is.