Tuesday, October 23, 2012
While I was in Utah, we found an amazingly awesome doctor who was willing to see us and clip the tongue. The doctors in California wanted us to wait until Elliot was older, but from my experience, I wanted it done as soon as we could do it.
Here's how it went down. I went to the doctors office with both kids in tow... and my dad. Thankfully my dad was there to help me. Scarlet was jolly, playing in the waiting room with a train set they had. All I could think was, "what kind of sickness is she going to pick up from that toy?"
I went back and talked to the doctor. He took one look at Elliot and agreed it needed a clipping. He got all ready to do it and I jumped ship. They took my baby, held him down, and did their thing while I sat in the waiting room bouncing Scarlet in hopes that it would calm Elliot down. I've noticed I do that a lot. Hold one child and bounce them in hopes it will calm the other. It doesn't really work, just so you know.
I felt like the screaming went on for like 5 minutes. It was excruciating! Finally the doctor came out and got me and told me he wanted me to hold Elliot and calm him down. I went in the room and the nurse was holding my baby face down while blood was dripping from his mouth. I then started to think, "what did I just do to my child?" I felt awful! I held him as still as I could while the doctor attempted to keep pressure on the underside of Elliot's tongue.
It was horrible. I wanted to cry with Elliot.
Then two days later, Scarlet was sick.
And then Elliot got it.
What an experience. I never want to go through that again. Too bad our pediatrician in California claims it needs to be done AGAIN. Are you kidding me? I don't think so. I think we'll leave it how it is now. My oh my.