Thursday, April 10, 2008

Hotel Cafe Tour



So, last Saturday Sindee and I made our way to The Avalon to partake of one of the best concerts I have ever been to. We went to see Ingrid Michaelson, who
I just love. I first heard her music on the Old Navy sweater commercial. I googled her and ever since she has been one of my favs to listen to. Anyway, this show was just amazing. Ever artist that played was breath-taking. What was funny is I love the movie Garden State and I LOVE the soundtrack. There is a song on there that I have listened to more than any other song on my Ipod. I never knew who sang the song until this night. I was so excited. It was Cary Brothers. After the show was over Sindee and I were walking back to the car and we saw their bus and a few of the guys standing behind the venue. We went and met Cary and the bass player. It was interesting.

Needless to say, it was a very fun night.

4 comments:

Dari said...

Oh fun!!! Sindee said she was going to this show but she didn't tell me she was lucky enough to be going with you, yay! I am glad you guys had a good time. Thank heavens they have those benches at the Avalon now! ;)

Sindee Savage Dunn said...

Oh, I have to concur on how fun that concert was! Thanks for going with me - It was super duper fun!... and I'm glad we went and chatted with Cary and Dave the bass player!

Seth & Abbie Ollerton said...

Ry and Ash,
Thanks again for the baby gifts! The bows are great and nothing comes in more handy than a big box of wipes. Ryan you should look into that for yourself. Thanks again!

-Seth

Kelly said...

I hope you got to see Greg Laswell open for her. He's a wonderful and underappreciated singer/songwriter who, like Ingrid, had a song on Grey's Anatomy. He has a new album coming out on July 8 called Three Flights from Alto Nido, and if you haven't heard him definitely check out his songs on his Myspace page.