Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Dear Scarlet -- 29 Months

Dear Scarlet,

Happy 29-month birthday! Today is a significant day in your life as well as mine.  This is the day, January 11, three years ago when you were transferred from a petri dish, or whatever medium you were in, and into my belly.  In other words, it was three years ago today I became pregnant with you.  That was truly a very special day and one I won't forget any time soon.  I watched on a screen as the scientists sucked you up into a little beaker in the lab.  They brought the little tiny pipette with you in it into my room and you were handed to the doctor.  Then, wah, lah!  I was pregnant.  Yep, something like that.

The last three years have FLOWN by.  I remember holding the picture of you in your embryonic form and dreaming of what you would look like and who you would be.  I also wondered about the other little mass of cells and would it would turn into.  That was Kingston.  You were both amazing little miracles and I'm grateful you came into our lives.

It's amazing to me what can happen in three years.  The last three were the most eventful of my life.  By far!  I got pregnant with you, gave birth, buried a baby, moved, got pregnant, gave birth.... and everything in between including multiple trips to Disneyland and Utah.  I'm sure the next three will bring lots more joy into our lives!

Love you always!  I'm so glad you're mine.

Love,

Mom

p.s.  I'm really going to miss when you start calling candy canes, candy canes instead of candy corn canes.  I'll also miss when you say cute instead of cuke.

p.p.s.  Please be nice to Elliot.  He's just a baby (how many times a day to I say this?)

No comments: