Friday, November 11, 2011

The California Miracle

Once upon a time, I went to the most magical place on earth. I was sick all day long. I finally started to beg Ryan to let me go home since I felt so crappy. Now, this was no ordinary sickness. It was that sick, I need to eat or I'm going to throw up sickness. I knew it was either I had the flu or I was pregnant, the latter of which we know is impossible. Ryan and I had decided that we were happy with one child and our other children could wait for an indefinite amount of time. In vitro was far from our minds, so for me to be pregnant would be impossible. We were told the chances of conceiving naturally were "not likely." Well, we came home from Disneyland and I ended up taking a test. This is what it said: I thought for sure the test must be broken, so I took another one the next day. We got the same result. We are in complete shock, but we are so excited to be adding Tiny Todd (keep in mind, we do not know the sex yet. Tiny Todd is just this baby's nickname) to our family. He/she will be arriving in June 2012! And that folks, is the California miracle!

24 comments:

Leah said...

Hey Ashley, I am one of Ryan's friends from UVRMC. I am thrilled for this announcement! Congrats to you and Ryan!

Nancy said...

Words can't describe how happy I am for you. I know you guys went through so much for Scarlet & Kingston this truly is a miracle. Love you!

Molly said...

Oh my goodness!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Jeff and Brandi said...

Yay! Congrats! Ryan we miss you in ICU. I hope school is going good for you. That is such great news!

cowbell kelly said...

That's freaking fantastic!!!!!! Miracle do happen!!!!!! Which reminds me......I'm pregnant to:)

Brittani said...

Yay Yay Yay Yay! That is so cool!!! Love your guts and hoping the morning sickness goes away quickly for you!

McGiven Family.... said...

That is amazing! I am so happy for you!!!!

Craig and Monica said...

So exciting! Congratulations on Tiny Todd!

Tami said...

I have chills! I am SO SO happy for you guys!!!!!!

Rachelle said...

so awesome ashley!!! soo happy for you guys.

Chris and Christina said...

What an incredible blessing to your family! So so so excited for you guys! Congrats!

Lindsay and Tyler said...

this is one of the happiest blog posts ive read in a while! congratulations! :)

Tiffany said...

I can't believe your news!! That is SOO wonderful Ashley! I am so so excited for you guys.

Harmony said...

Holy smacka-lacka-cracka! That is SOOOOOOOO amazing! I am so happy for you! Seriously! Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didja see me dance? Cuz I did.

Congratulations, my friend. You've had so much heartbreak, you certainly deserve this! Yay!!!

The Painters said...

Oh my goodness Ashley!! I have tears of joy for you! This is absolutely amazing, and such a miracle! Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months! Can't wait to know....little brother or sister!!! CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

OHMYGOSH!!! I'm so freakin pumped for you!!! YEA!

I saw the shirt you had pictured in your halloween post. There's a baby skeleton at the bottom, right? I have seen those shirts around so when my S-I-L came in with her jacket zipeed over the bottom, I knew she had news for us. I seriously ALMOST commented on your blog about you being prego since you were wearing that shirt, but thought with the trials you have had up to this point in conceiving, if you weren't prego, that would be incredibly insensitve on my part. Can you believe it? I thought before I spoke. Two California miracles in one year.

I COULD NOT be more pumped for you and Ryan and Scarlet. Since little King is unable to pull her hair and tease her in this life, it will be Tiny Todd's job.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! YEA!!!

Cheyenne said...

Congratulations!!! That is so amazing! You guys are so wonderful and that "tiny todd" ;) is one lucky kid!

Meagan said...

Congratulations! So happy for you guys:)

Angie said...

Congrats Ashley!! So very happy and excited for you and Ryan!

Troy and Mandy said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting news fo you guys! We are so happy for you :)

Amanda X said...

That is soooo exciting! I am so happy for you guys!

callie.bottero said...

OH MY GOSH!! How exciting! I'm so happy for you!!!

Melissa said...

Congratulations Ashley! What a fabulous blessing!

Brittany said...

Oh my goodness! Huge Congratulations!!