Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Here we go again....

This morning we got to go to perinatology again and have yet another ultrasound to monitor the growth of the mini humans. Four weeks ago they were both around 10 oz. Today, the boy is 1 lbs. 2 oz. and the girl is 1 lbs. 6 oz. They doubled in size in 4 weeks! Can you believe it? Here we go..... Up to the 5th floor..... This is what happens when you work the graveyard shift, go to bed at 7:40 a.m. and wake up at 9:00 a.m. to go back to the hospital for the ultrasound. Poor guy. He's such a good sport to support me through all of this, even when he's running off of no sleep. This is one reason he is so easy to love. Don't worry, he's sound asleep now and I'm sure he will be that way for a while.

Have I mentioned how much I love our perinatologist? Dr. S. is the most amazing doctor ever. He takes time to explain everything he is looking at, his concerns, his findings, everything. I also feel like he is very respectful to our situation. Our little girl is still just as perfect as ever and beautiful in black and white. She's getting big! She decided to suck her little fist for us today too, which I adore. Oh, I love her! Of course our little boy was in the most awkward position ever, like always. We saw his beautiful spine, which we haven't been able to see real well in the past. He even opened his mouth for us too. His bladder and kidneys are continually growing larger by the day. It's so sad to see him in that condition. It took all I had to hold in the tears when they turned the sound on for his heart beat. It was beautiful. These 2 babies are truly miracles in our life and we are so grateful to be their parents. Thank you God, for giving us such an amazing opportunity!

7 comments:

The Ingleby Family said...

I LOVE, LOVE your post! Your mini humans have chosen two wonderful parents! I can't wait for you to meet them and hold them and cuddle!!! Prayers are continuing daily for the two of you and your sweet babies. Love you!!

Jen Bird said...

I love hearing the updates on how you guys are doing. I just watched that video "99 Balloons" and seriously forgot how touching that video is!! (and cried through the whole thing) You're so positive and I can't wait to see your babies!

Unknown said...

I am glad that everything went well with the ultrasound and that the babies are growing strong. Love them already!

Topham Family said...

Glad to hear everything is going well for you two!

Brande J. said...

That was such a beautiful post. I got teary-eyed reading it. You guys are already amazing parents and they haven't even arrived. I think of you often and your sweet babies.

J, C, and E said...

What a sweet husband! You're so lucky to have such a good man and two adorable mini's!

Bugg's mama said...

I'm pretty sure I know that same Dr. S. and the dreaded 5th floor.

I'm inspired by you, sweet Ashley. Press on, friend.

Love, Bree