Monday, June 23, 2008

MOAB!

Moab was amazing. I think we often take Utah for granted. There is such beauty here that we just don't take advantage of. As we were getting ready to leave on Thursday evening, the skydiving people called us and told us the guys couldn't go skydiving because one of their planes got blown over in the wind. We were very angry. This was the whole reason we were going to Moab. Well, we decided to go and have fun anyway. We loaded up the truck and off we went. Six of us in a truck. What an experience! The first day in Moab we took the 4-wheelers to Onion Creek. What a great ride! You cross the creek 27 times. By the time we were done we were soaking wet. It was 118 degrees down there so the water felt really good.
Thank goodness the skydiving people changed their minds. The guys ended up going skydiving, just not when we had originally planned. We waited all day Saturday for the plane and jumpers to be ready and finally around 3:30 dad and Ryan got to take off. The plane was in great shape! Not ready to fall apart at all. It was very tiny and very scary. I was a little nervous for them, but they seemed just fine with a crappy old plane. I think they were so nervous at that point they didn't care what the plane looked like. After all, they were attached to a parachute. What's the worst that could happen? Well, all 3 guys made it safe to the ground after a short fall from the sky. They were like little screaming blueberries. Ryan, what a funny guy! Ryan and Josh had the same tandem jumper. That guy must have been exhausted! I watched him jump 4 or 5 times that day.
Well, we had a great time. We all lived without injury, only a few bug bites and sunburns.

11 comments:

Brooke said...

Ryan is so pretty.

Unknown said...

What a freakin fun trip!!! I love the pic with Josh and Ryan being all "sexy" LOL I just love your family, I think I say that everytime they are mentioned on your blog ha ha But it is true and I miss them!!!

Those guys are all so brave, I love it!! I bet they had such a great time! Did any of them get it video taped?

Hone Family as in Ryan and Ashley said...

We have a video of all 3 of them. I took video from the ground and they all had video cameras on them while jumping. Hopefully I can figure out how to put the videos on here. I'll have to work on that one.

The Painters said...

How fun for them! But you'll never see me jumping out of a plane! It looks like you all had fun!

The Ingleby Family said...

I am so glad you finally posted pictures. I am laughing SO hard. Man I would have peed my pants. Good for Joshy and Ryan and your dad to go. They sure are brave! Way to go and I am glad all in all that you had a good time! Yeah!

Stephanie said...

That sounds so fun I use to want to do it so bad but now that I am a mom my feelings have changed alot. Good for Ryan we will look forward to seeing the video.

Katie Smith - I Want to be a Super Teacher said...

Wow! We always thought Ryan was sexy, but he now has exceeded our expectations. You should always wear a neon green bandana!

We're glad you had a fun birthday and are still with us after the jump.

Chris said...

Righ Anne Hone, you are way hardcore! I'm jealous of your beauty and bravery.

Sheesh said...

AWESOME!!! I had been waiting for a report!! I am proud of those guys! I could never do it! I am glad you all had fun!

Seth Ollerton said...

Holy S to the H to the I to the...
That looks like fun! Way to go Honer!

SKO

Robins Fam said...

Hey ash! Love the blog. Wow, I'm impressed with the whole jumping out of a plane thing. What a sweet birthday. Looks like you guys had fun. Take care.

stace